[advocacy] Vorbis and google

David K. Gasaway dave
Sat Feb 9 01:42:11 PST 2002

On 9 Feb 2002 at 10:01, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> Just search for "vorbis-dev".

Funny thing is, that was exactly the one query I double-checked before I sent off the last
message, and I saw no hits!  They were just hiding, though.  Once I added "site:xiph.org", they
showed right up.  Silly me, not trying the obvious feature that would settle the matter.  And I
suggested that very feature in the same e-amil, no less.  Zounds!

> Yes, but noone links to there -- everyone just links to
> http://vorbis.com .

Ah!  Now I see your point.  Very observant.

> A robots
> file could help here.

Whew!  Glad to hear I didn't totally waste everyone's time.

(Did you notice how I carefully extracted the one passing statement that doesn't make me look
disgraceful? :) )

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway