[advocacy] Audacity

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Feb 13 02:36:35 PST 2002

I used this great free software yesterday to import a half-hour Ogg
Vorbis file, edit it (graphically) and export it to .wav format for
re-encoding - sounds great. Ogg export features are planned by the
developers for an upcoming release.

In my view the killer feature is that it breaks down large audio
files into chunks, so complicated editing on multi-track files is
possible without lots of disk activity, unlike - say - Cool Edit Pro.

It's very cross-platform, coming in versions for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac
OS X, Mac OS 9 and Windows.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Daniel