[advocacy] Trading of 'pirated' music online is wider than ever (my quotes)

Thomas Kirk thomas
Fri Sep 7 10:13:44 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:01:41PM -0400, Daniel James wrote:

> > There is a small surcharge added to the cost of blank tapes and
> > CDs, that is supposed to go to authors and musicians.
>
> According to this site, the artists don't actually get that money as
> yet.
>
> http://boycott-riaa.com/facts.html

Same in denmark one pays the tax to the artists organisation but we
never know if the artist is getting the money

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk
thomas at arkena.com
http://www.arkena.com

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable.
Then howcome people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
(By hasku at rost.abo.fi, Hasse Skrifvars)