[advocacy] Xiph Foundation

Krishna E. Bera keb
Wed Sep 5 21:56:34 PDT 2001

Thanks!  My cheque will be in the mail asap.

> Paypal and other forms of payment will be available soon.  And if all
> goes well with the applications, donations will be tax deductible (and
> if I understand the paperwork correctly, retroactively).

Tax deductions don't cross borders for individuals :(
hmmm but maybe family... i'll funnel this through my sister :)

> We are big believers in Free Software, and it's ashame that didn't come
> through on that page.  This project was started for reasons of Freedom
> so maybe we just thought that part was obvious :)

Oh it did come through, which is why i mentioned it and why i'm donating.
I certainly meant no disrespect on Mort - that is an excellent essay!
Probably a bit of innocent terminology vagueness confounded by political
developments and refinement that occurred after he wrote it.