[advocacy] Approaching artists to support Ogg Vorbis

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Sep 25 09:01:12 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I was thinking about how to approach well-known artists to see if
they would consider releasing an .ogg, preferably in conjunction with
the 1.0 release, for maximum publicity.

Firstly, we'd need to explain the 'what's in it for me' element. I
figure we should stress:

1. making a statement that you support artist freedom.
2. publicity amongst the internet music community.
3. making you look rather cool, technically
4. telling your CD buyers that you are on their side and don't want
them criminalised by the recording industry just for downloading free
music.

Also, we'd need to give them an idea of timescale, or a deadline, to
make sure the file got delivered on time for the 1.0 launch. Can the
developers give us a rough idea?

Cheers

Daniel