[advocacy] Re: Personal Music License

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Sep 8 07:27:03 PDT 2001

    > It is a grave mistake to talk about hypothetical actions by a real
    > person.  Some people will believe that Bowie really did this, and
    > they will go away misled.

    Fair point, but I did say 'let's imagine'.

I know, I saw that, and it made me uncertain, but it didn't clearly
tell me that this was purely hypothetical.  It looked like a way of
being cute.

Why take the risk of being misunderstood, when by using a fictional
name (or no name at all) you could avoid it completely and still make
the same point?