[advocacy] Trading of 'pirated' music online is wider than ever (my quotes)

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Sep 7 07:06:00 PDT 2001

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svtop/music090601.htm

"Exact numbers are elusive, but analysts estimate a record 15 million
people downloaded music online this summer -- illicitly trading 3
billion songs in August alone."

I think this makes my point about the need for a rational approach to
non-commercial music sharing. The RIAA can't sue every one of 15
million people.

It would be interesting to know how many pay-to-play proprietary
format downloads were sold in the same period.

Daniel