[advocacy] Proposed Open Source Speech Codec

David Rowe voicet at bigpond.com.au
Wed Oct 31 03:04:31 PST 2001

Hi,

> ohphone (the voip-client from the openh323 project,
> http://www.openh323.org/) has an option "Set G.723.1 as preferred codec".

Yes, it did have until recently - it used the Microsoft software G723.1 codec
under the Win32 version of ohphone.  I just spoke with the OpenH323 gentlemen
today - they have decided that using the MS codec in ohphone was probably in
breach of the MS license and have removed it from the latest versions.....

Cheers,

David