[advocacy] RioVolt - Ogg Vorbis in future firmware update?

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov
Fri Jul 13 08:54:13 PDT 2001

Quote from mp3.com hardware/portables forum:

"Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Pro
Mr. Lee told me they are discussing how to support these formats, and
nothing is certain at this time. The current hardware can handle these formats,
but the royalty fee is the main obstacle especially for MP3pro, as we already
guessed. We may see support for Ogg Vorbis format earlier than that of
MP3 pro format."

Read the whole message here:

http://msg.mp3.com/hardware/liststory/?topic_id=4442&month=200107&category_id=10004

--
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3