[advocacy] tshirt design needed

Jack Moffitt jack
Wed Jul 11 08:44:31 PDT 2001

I've copied vorbis at xiph on this message simply because it will be
interesting there, but also to give those who haven't yet subscribed to
the advocacy list a taste of the things that (should) happen there.

As you know we are planning to sell vorbis shirts, both to promote the
vorbis format and to raise some money for the Xiph.org Foundation.

I have been talking to an online retailer (don't ask who yet) who wants
to sell a vorbis shirt for us.  They want to start with a single design.
The shirt will probably sell for $19.99, with $5 a shirt coming to the
foundation.  In addition, we'd probably be able to push more vorbis
products, and other things through these people in the future.

Whether or not we choose to use them, we do need a shirt design.  So
fire up the gimp and start sending them in.  We can't promise we'll use
any of them, but if you make a kickass design, we'd love to use it.

In any case it should be fun, and I'll put up the designs people send me
somewhere so that we can all see them.  Please email designs (png format
preferred) to jack at xiph.org.

I'm sure monty will fire up the gimp as well :)

happy drawing,
jack.