[advocacy] Advocating Ogg Vorbis audio

Matthias Fleischer fleischer at ito.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 5 01:06:42 PDT 2001

> Most of us probably agree that Ogg Vorbis is superior to MP3
> in many, if not all respects. I can see four reasons why people
> are not using OGG yet:

I've got another one: My DVD player can play self-made MP3
CDs (better than radio - no commercials, plays the music you
like and you don't have to shuffle CDs) but can't play vorbis.
If there was a player that could play both I would probably buy
one (my home stereo is good enough so you can hear MP3
artifacts) but there isn't.
Personally I believe that you won't find vorbis in better
home consumer products as long as the format isn't
feature-frozen simply because customers get upset
if their player suddenly doesn't work as expected.
Does the 1.0 release include such a feature freeze?