[advocacy] Re: interest in ogg

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Dec 3 03:15:42 PST 2001

> Do you think the ogg will become as well known as the mp3?

There's no reason why not - who had heard of MP3 a few years ago? All
it takes is for people to start using it every day...

> Or is it
> already starting?

Yes, but it's also true we need to publicise it outside of the
computer world, so that even people who never download music have
heard of it. They've heard of Napster (aka EZ Jackster, if they watch
a certain Disney cartoon).

When Ogg Vorbis 1.0 is announced, I hope we can get the story into as
many mainstream newspapers and media channels as possible. I think
we'll need to start gathering lists of journalist contacts in each
country, and find people who can translate the release into local
languages.

Cheers

Daniel