[advocacy] vorbis portal?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Aug 28 08:46:42 PDT 2001

Are there any plans to make vorbis.com a portal for .ogg files in the
same way that mp3.com is, or better? No disrespect to the artists
that have already provided files, but I'd expect that some exclusive
releases by well-known artists could really help with .ogg adoption.
I'd be happy to help with this if anyone is interested.

An alternative would be to partner with Google to provide a new
search option which could look inside .ogg files and index the tag
information. That would reach .ogg files all over the net and not
just those on the 'official' site.

Daniel