[Vorbis] Charset conversion problem on OS X (Fwd: Ogg and FLAC meta-data on OS X)

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:36:01 PDT 2005

Greetings,

There is currently an open bug report for vorbis-tools, but also
affecting the Flac tools supplied by Xiph on the OS X platform (which
I suspect uses the same code): accented characters are corrupted
during read/write, to the effect that manipulation of track metadata
that includes accented characters result in the corruption of the
involved fields.

I contacted the Xiph developer assigned to the bug report but he's on
vacation and does not have access to a Mac, so if any other developer
with Mac experience could take a look at this, it would be really
nice. (Also, if anyone has the same experience, please comment either
here or at the bug report page).

http://trac.xiph.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/680

Bug description attached as part of the forwarded message.

Thanks,

- Michel