[Vorbis] mass conversions

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 15:29:40 PDT 2005

On Monday 11 Jul 2005 07:30, Amgine wrote:
> I'm working with Wikipedia projects, and have several thousand small
> sound files to convert from .ra to .ogg Vorbis. (The wikimedia commons
> accepts *only* Vorbis sound files, iirc, and the Wikimedia Foundation
> strongly supports the open standards.)
>
> The problem is, I cannot find a conversion utility for total newbs on
> OSX. Probably I just don't know where to look. Can someone suggest a tool?
>
> Thanks,

If you can find a friendly geek to write a script for you, this could be done
by using mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/) to convert from ra to wav, then
oggenc to encode the wavs to ogg. I'm using linux not OS X, so probably not
the best person to ask.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which