[vorbis] Winamp plugin.

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Feb 28 02:37:49 PST 2001

At 09:59 AM 2/27/01 +0100, you wrote:

>> This is almost certainly an unrelated bug. Should still be fixed.
>> Could you compile ogg123 (and libvorbis, libvorbisfile, libogg) with
>> debugging on, run ogg123 under gdb, and send a backtrace?

After extensive debugging, it turns out to be a problem with the arts
plugin (why this wasn't found by whoever wrote the arts plugin I have
no idea).

Basically, the plugin (libarts.so) links to libartsc.so, which links
to pthread libraries. libao loads the plugin, which eventually gets to
isn't linked to libpthread.so, it crashes when dlclose() is called.

This makes precisely zero sense to me, and I'd call it a bug elsewhere
in the system. Unfortunately, it's a bug which must be lived with, so
I suppose we should fix it. This means either linking ogg123 with
pthreads (ick.), or removing the arts plugin (hmm..)

Further testing shows that linking libao with pthreads is sufficient.
Does one of the auto(conf|make|whatever) gurus want to make libao
link with pthreads if any of the plugins link (directly or indirectly)
with pthreads?

Michael, pissed off at pthreads.