[vorbis] Access Violation in ov_open

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Feb 18 23:04:05 PST 2001

At 12:41 AM 2/19/01 +1300, you wrote:
>If I do something similar to the below ov_open always causes an access
>violation.
>The call to fopen is successful.
>Can anybody tell me why? (and how to fix it?)

That code looks ok, so the problem is probably elsewhere in your code.

Also, if you're programming under windows (presumably you are, from the code snippet given), you might be linking against the wrong C runtime libraries. That'll break most windows programs without any useful error messages. It must be linked against the same library as the vorbis libraries (which is usually the 'multithreaded dll')

If that isn't the case, then please tell us where it's crashing (use a debugger)

Michael