[vorbis] Announce: VCE v0.1.2

Warren Spits spits at cyberdude.com
Thu Feb 15 05:53:18 PST 2001

Hello All,

VCE does unicode/utf-8. I recommend all users to upgrade as it now handles
extended characters correctly.

There are now two binary versions of VCE. There is an NT version (for
Windows NT/2000) and a 95 version (for Windows 95/98/ME). They will
eventually be merged into one executable again. Download the appropriate
file for your platform.

Writing unicode/international apps for windows 95 is new to me so I need the
win95 version tested on various versions of 95/98/ME. If there are any
problems with entering text of a particular locale please let me know off
list.

It can be downloaded from http://www.ozemail.com.au/~spitsw/vce/.

What is VCE?
 VCE is a simple WIN32 dialog based application that can edit the comments
in Vorbis (.ogg) files. Vorbis files can store a list of comments. Each
comment is made up of a name/value pair. VCE allows the addition, removal,
modification and reordering of the comments.

Here are the changes:
 - Unicode/UTF-8 support.
 - Split into 2 binaries (NT and 95).
 - Tab order fixed.
 - ISRC added to tag list.
 - Message Box cleanups.
 - Compiled with 2001/02/14 vorbis snapshot.
 - Uses vcedit.c 1.7.

Warren.