[xiph-rtp] theora-rtp

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 20 09:13:32 PDT 2008

Omer Boyaci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, thanks for your effort for RTP specs.
>
> The latest draft for theora-rtp is from July 2006 at
> http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-theora-00.txt.

severely outdated.

> Do you think to publish it as an RFC?

No, I'll do a makeover and proposed something aligned to rfc5215

> If yes, do you have an approximate date?

Right now I'm recovering from what showed up to be a pneumonia, I think
I'll start pushing updates by September.
> What is your suggestion to implementers?

Check what is implemented in feng (lscube.polito.it) and in gstreamer,
to my knowledge those 2 independent implementation are pretty much in a
good shape.

> Implement the draft from 2006 or just their own implementation?

Either wait for an update or check those 2 implementations. Theora will
be packed the same way Vorbis is.

lu

--

Luca Barbato