[xiph-rtp] linphone-1.5.0 mostly complies to theora over RTP draft

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 16 06:16:40 PDT 2006

Simon Morlat wrote:
>> is it an usage limitation? If is the case I'll update the rfc to allow it.
> It's a limitation because I did not want to write the code for that

You may look at the code I wrote for nemesi (yes it isn't complete since
finish has lower priority than making the api and the foundation robust
and usable)

> We can imagine also that a small embedded device won't have the memory capacity
> to store several frames.

Well, for fragments it could be a problem, not for collated frames (the
size is 1 mtu at most anyway).

> I know similar parameters exists for other codecs, for example for AMR it's
> called maxptime.

Makes sense adding it, do you know if there is an rfc that generalizes it?

Ping me during the week if I don't update the rfc today.

lu

PS: the sdp provides the first configuration inline? It is compulsory.

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero