[xiph-rtp] RE: Updated drafts available, please review (Luca Barbato)

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Jun 2 17:17:21 PDT 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:03:53AM -0000, Michael Sparks wrote:

> The lack of an ability for a sender to indicate that a client MUST
> NOT send RTCP information, because we're not the slightest bit
> interested in it and it will ONLY cause congestion means that
> we're still unable to use this. I'm a little disappointed to see
> this, but it doesn't preclude an alternate implementation that
> doesn't cause problems in a large scale unidirectional streaming
> environment.
> [...]
> Our concerns about this have been raised several times, so I'll
> assume that everyone else on the list is happy with this, and
> not suggest the change I've mentioned above we would need in order
> to use this  be made.

Just to add to what Aaron said, I suggested your working to Luca, and he
pushed back on the basis of it not being cool to contradict a RTC one
depends on.

Beyond the occasional suggestion that one just ignore the statistics
feedback, I'm not clear on what should be done. Perhaps we should bring
this up on the AVT list?

 -r