[xiph-rtp] Q: vorbi-rtp-05 spec par. 2.3 Payload data.

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 30 05:46:08 PST 2006

Arjan Knepper wrote:
> We are currently using the 05 spec in a project where one party builds a
> sender an another builds the receiver.
> We had a discussion going on about the byte order of the vorbis-data 2
> octet "length" field preceding the vorbis-data. Should this field be
> Little Endian or Big Endian?

If not otherwise stated everything is network order (Big Endian so),
I'll update the current spec to keep this point clear.
I'd suggest you to read the current draft in the xiph svn

http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis/doc/draft-ietf-avt-vorbis-rtp-00.xml

And have a look at the current reference implementation

http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xiph-rtp/

It should reflect the current spec (beside a timescale detail I have yet
to commit)

I hope it helps

lu