[xiph-rtp] Updated Speex I-D

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Sun Oct 9 14:46:41 PDT 2005

Hi Jean-Marc,

Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca wrote:

>Hi Phil,
>
>The speex rtp draft is about to expire and we should re-sumbit it. I
>looked at http://www.plus24.com/xiph/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-00.txt and
>I see a few things that should be changed:
>
>- Section 7, 2nd paragraph: "Speex codecs [7] are able to detect the the
>bitrate from the payload" should remove one "the".

Fixed.

>- My email is listed (twice) as jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca. Could
>you change it to jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca (the hermes is no longer
>valid)

Fixed in both places.

>- Please are reference to the "penh" parameter. It's doesn't belong to
>the RTP draft.

Removed references (commented out in XML).

One other thing I noticed, the first example in Section 9. (SDP) has the
mode set to 4 yet the comment references mode=3.  Fixed with mode=4 in
both places.

Also, the ITU page doesn't seem to be on the Speex website yet.  This
will need to be fixed before submission.

>Otherwise, I think we're ready for WG.

Ok.

**** This is *Last Call* for this revision ****

http://www.plus24.com/xiph/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-00.xml
http://www.plus24.com/xiph/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-00.txt

If no calls are made it will be submitted to the IETF on Wednesday 12th
October, 20:00 GMT.

The next IETF meeting has been announced, in Vancouver, with a
provisional AVT slot allocated for 11th November.  The WG Chairs have
put a call out for time slot requests and if we want we should let them
know by 24th October.  Jean-Marc, would you be able to make this?

Regards

Phil