[xiph-rtp] header ident decision

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon May 2 10:29:32 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:05:36AM -0700, Aaron Colwell wrote:

> When you say "embedded" are you refering to a hardware implementation of this
> packetization scheme or just it's use in an embedded device?

You know, the hand-wavy, "won't someone think of the embedded
programmers" sense! :-)

Your point is good that the variable length ident coding adapts to any
alignment requirement. In the light of that, my rationale reduces to
greater simplicity with the fixed-length, aligned payload header.

Alos for the record, we discussed this on irc, and Aaron accepts the
decision, regardless.

 -r