[xiph-rtp] Updated Vorbis and new Theora I-D's

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 2 14:46:45 PST 2005

Luca Barbato wrote:
> Phil Kerr wrote:
>

>> To an extent this is true, what other protocols are you thinking about?
>

> Some alternative are add the possibility to provide the
> codebooks/configuration using:
>
> - SDP[1] attributes, putting them in the media description, one for each
> codebook. Obviously is needed to encode the binary data since there are
> some not valid byte in SDP:  0x00 (Nul), 0x0A (LF), and 0x0D (CR).
Won't work because of the 1k limit to the sdp size.

> - Using RTSP/TCP for the uri as described by rfc2326bis[1] chapter 12
Would work but is quite the same as http about complexity
serverside/clientside

Another way that should be bette is using SET_PARAMETER and
GET_PARAMETER to pass/get the codebook using the rtsp tcp channel.

Should not be a size limit and could be used even on chained files.

A better description will follow later.

the rfc is again the rtsp one.

lu

[2]http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-08.txt

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero