[xiph-rtp] Updated Vorbis and new Theora I-D's

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Fri Feb 4 01:22:50 PST 2005

Michael Smith wrote:

>The downside is that you then have a very large gap between packets -
>particularly in live situations, this risks starving client buffers.
>Existing vorbis-in-ogg-over-http streaming often runs into this
>problem.

How is that supposed to happen? In any case, the same data will be fed
to the Vorbis decoder. If a receiver has problems with this situation,
the RTP receiver is incorrectly implemented.

Tor