[xiph-rtp] Updated Vorbis and new Theora I-D's

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Fri Feb 4 00:34:31 PST 2005

Ralph Giles wrote:

>You can't simply skip the first octet, there is other important data in
>the other bits. You could skip it for header packets, but you can only
>skip the LSb for audio packets. In any case it sounds like consensus is
>the VDT field should just be removed entirely.

Sure, I forgot about that. Why about using the two VDT bits for the
packet count field instead, allowing 63 and not just 15 Vorbis packets
to be bundled in one RTP packet. Are there any probable scenarios where
63 Vorbis packets would not exceed the MTU limit?

Tor