[xiph-rtp] Updated -04 Vorbis-RTP I-D

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Dec 16 15:28:13 PST 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 02:03, Phil Kerr wrote:
> Tying the implementation to a particular lib isn't a good thing, if this
> method does then it's sub-optimal.
>
> So the option is to detect the codebook sync pattern and then pull the
> codebook_entries and length length fields from the file and extract the
> packed codebooks?

Well, what I suggested previously was just using the entire codebook header
(which contains more than just the codebooks). A vorbis decoder will require
this entire header to successfully decode, so you have to reconstruct the
packet at the decoder end in some way - since all the data is required, and
it's already in a well-specified, reasonably compact form, why not just use
that as-is?

Mike