[xiph-rtp] Updated -04 Vorbis-RTP I-D

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Sun Dec 12 22:38:48 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm having a few problems committing an update to the Vorbis-RTP I-D to
Subversion, so here is an URL to the txt version.

http://plus24.com/xiph/draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-04.txt

The changes have been based on recent list discussions and include:

Addition of 32 bit codebook ident field to the Vorbis header to hard
associate raw Vorbis stream with associated codebook using a CRC32 hash.

Replacement of RTCP delivery of configuration data.  Codebooks, metadata
and configuration headers now sent via SDP as well as in-band for
unidirectional links.

Removal of optional SDP attributes section and tidy up of attributes.

General text tweaks.

There are probably a few text changes still needed to be done, so
comments most welcomed!

I'm near ready to release an alpha of the server.  So far raw Vorbis
data streaming, packet fragmentation and aggregation, configuration and
metadata packet streaming works.  I'm now working on a codebook problem,
the API doesn't support access to the packed codebooks so I'm looking
for a way round.  Also I've not seen any way from libvorbis to get the
blocksize values for the identification header, any pointers on what
they do?

Best regards

Phil