[xiph-rtp] RTP development status update

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Tue Dec 7 05:50:22 PST 2004

Hi all,

A quick status update on RTP developments.

I should have ready this week an updated Vorbis RTP I-D together with an
alpha of the reference server. This should give us a good basis for
seeing what shape the draft is in from a technical perspective and all
being well focus can be given on ironing out the nits so the I-D can be
submitted to the AVT by the end of the month.

Next month focus will be given to developing the Theora RTP I-D and
reference applications and February will focus on refining both the
I-D's and applications so the drafts can be submitted for WG status.

I'd like to invite others on the list to implement applications derived
from the I-D's as having more than one set of implementations will help
with making progress with the IETF as well as having a range of
applications others can chose from (different languages, different
features and so on).

Best regards

Phil