[Vorbis] Chained Vorbis Stream Distorting

Drake Witt dwitt at dranweb.com
Mon Apr 3 17:41:22 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Ogg and Vorbis and I've hit a pretty puzzling issue,
and I'm wondering if a veteran could help me out.

I'm attempting to decode a chained live Ogg Vorbis stream. The primary
issue is that the source does not exactly follow validation (I have no
control of this). The stream switches from a prerecorded segment, to a live
segment, back to a prerecorded segment. I believe the live segment is
missing a B.O.S. packet, which is creating some unintended effects. The
audio ends up playing, but it is very distorted until it switches back to a
prerecorded segment.

I've uploaded a test of the chain here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/teamalphaservices-test/b1-Live-b2.ogg

It plays perfectly in Google chrome, but when attempting to use my own
decoder, it has strange distortion when playing the live part.

Here's a link to a Github Gist of the decoder I'm using:
https://gist.github.com/DrakeWitt/3634299ce4363d26d16c34be229a350f

What's the best way to modify my logic to compensate for the odd stream?

Thanks!