[Vorbis] Trouble implementing ov_callbacks, endless loop calling seek_func

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 01:54:15 PST 2014

Hello list,

I've been having a tough time adding windows resource support to my ogg
vorbise decoder, although I think I am close. Basically when I call
ov_open_callbacks(), it doesn't ever return and repeatedly calls my
seek_func.

I'm hoping it is something obvious, but I can't see why my seek_func is
being called endlessly.  If the file is seekable, I should return 0, right?
If any one can take a look at the following callback functions and see if
they can spot what I'm doing wrong, it'd be much appreciated:

size_t SourceFileImplOggVorbis::readFn( void *ptr, size_t size, size_t
nmemb, void *datasource )
{
auto sourceFile = (SourceFileImplOggVorbis *)datasource;

size_t bytes = size * nmemb;
sourceFile->mStream->readData( ptr, bytes );

return nmemb;
}

int SourceFileImplOggVorbis::seekFn( void *datasource, ogg_int64_t offset,
int whence )
{
auto sourceFile = (SourceFileImplOggVorbis *)datasource;

switch( whence ) {
case SEEK_SET:
sourceFile->mStream->seekAbsolute( (off_t)offset );
break;
case SEEK_CUR:
sourceFile->mStream->seekRelative( (off_t)offset );
break;
case SEEK_END:
sourceFile->mStream->seekAbsolute( (off_t)( - offset ) );
break;
default:
CI_ASSERT_NOT_REACHABLE();
return -1;
}

return 0;
}

int SourceFileImplOggVorbis::closeFn( void *datasource )
{
return 0;
}

long SourceFileImplOggVorbis::tellFn( void *datasource )
{
auto sourceFile = (SourceFileImplOggVorbis *)datasource;

long pos = sourceFile->mStream->tell();

return pos;
}

The source file for this code can also be found
here<https://github.com/richardeakin/Cinder-Audio2/blob/85126bdddc69110d6ea8bbd982bc11ff20d536d3/src/cinder/audio2/FileOggVorbis.cpp#L153>
.

Thanks a ton,
Rich