[Vorbis] Q: Buffer overflow in Android 4 (Samsung Galaxy SII)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jun 24 00:05:46 PDT 2013

Hi!

I think my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1 suffers from a buffer-overflow while playing Ogg/Vorbis: I had copied some files from CD-R that had read problems. Now when I play a specific file (as part of an album), the player jumps to a song from a different album, even that album was not selected for playback. The effect is repeatable so far, as the same song always causes this effect, but the next song played varies...

Unfortunately Samsung does not even have an official bug tracker for end users, and Google says "it's not our code". Maybe someone who really cares is listening.

Also for copyright reasons, I cannot make the damaged file public for obvious reasons.

Regards,
Ulrich Windl