[Vorbis] Wrong WAV AudioFormat

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Sat Aug 31 09:42:50 PDT 2013

Richi Plana wrote:

>/  Hi,
/>/
/>/  I am using vorbis-tools 1.4.0 on Fedora 14 to convert Ogg Vorbis files
/>/  to MS WAV format. It seems that ogg123 is encoding the wrong AudioFormat
/>/  value. For Uncompressed PCM, the AudioFormat should be 1 but for some
/>/  reason, it is being encoded in the WAV file as -1.
/>
>/  This used to work on some prior version of either Fedora or
/>/  vorbis-tools. I thought I'd ask in the email list in case it's a known
/>/  matter.

It seems when I use ogg123, soundstretch cannot process, but when I use oggdec, it works fine:

$ oggdec -o oggdec.wav file.ogg

$ ogg123 -d wav -f ogg123.wav file.ogg

$ file ogg123.wav oggdec.wav
ogg123.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, stereo 44100 Hz
oggdec.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz

FYI
/