[Vorbis] vorbis_info_clear important?

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sat Aug 17 23:43:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm using a Windows development component which uses vorbis.dll, ogg.dll,
vorbisenc.dll for encoding a file.  When finishing a recording, the
component runs these functions...

    ogg_stream_clear(OggSS);
    vorbis_block_clear(VBlock);
    vorbis_dsp_clear(Vdsp);
    vorbis_comment_clear(VComm);
    vorbis_info_clear(VInfo);

I'm occasionally receiving a hang in the function vorbis_info_clear(vinfo)
which goes to 100% CPU indefinitely.  I've tried different compiles of
vorbis.dll without success.  I've checked the VInfo structure has valid
information.

Rather than trying to fix the problem, can I simply skip this function when
closing the file.  It seems to work but I'm wondering if there will be a
memory leak if there is a vorbis_info_init without a matching
vorbis_info_clear?

Thanks,
Ross.