[Vorbis] Ogg Vorbis and Images

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Tue Sep 4 18:14:51 PDT 2012

On 9/3/2012 5:48 AM, gt wrote:
*snip*

> I am not sure about oggenc carrying it over from flac, but you can give
> a tagger such as kid3 a try. It does support METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE, the
> recommended way to embed cover art in ogg vorbis files. I am sure many
> others do so too.
>
> https://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment#Cover_art

I may see if easytag can do it, kid3 wants to pull in all kinds of qt
stuff. It looks like easytag is gtk based, which is better for me as I
don't have qt libraries or KDE stuff installed.

Would be nice if there was a switch for vorbiscomment like there is for
metaflac, I am not really interested in GUI taggers, hopefully easytag
(if it works) can work from a shell script.

Ah well, eventually vorbis-tools will be updated to handle images.