[Vorbis] Ogg Vorbis and Images

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Mon Sep 3 03:32:52 PDT 2012

Hello List, archives don't look very busy ...

I'm interested in putting art into Ogg Vorbis files.
This is for a project I'm working on with small local bands.

I'm attempting to help get them more exposure by (with permission)
distributing their music, especially recorded live from shows they do
where they are allowed to record it.

We are going with Ogg Vorbis frankly because I'm a Linux nut and it
doesn't have any (known) patent issues etc.

We may also be starting an icecast broadcast but that's future.

Anyway, it appears to me that Ogg Vorbis does in fact support album art
but doesn't make it as easy to embed as flac or lame do, is this so?

I was hoping that oggenc from the flac would carry it over but it
doesn't seem to.

I'm using CentOS 6.3 with an aoTuV libvorbis and updated vorbis-tools -

http://yum.domblogger.net/dblog/6/x86_64/libvorbis-aotuv-b6.03-2.el6.dblog.x86_64.rpm

http://yum.domblogger.net/dblog/6/x86_64/vorbis-tools-1.4.0-0.el6.dblog.x86_64.rpm

Am I just missing something obvious?