[Vorbis] Oggenc producing a different file every time

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:08:32 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Joost van Dongen
<joost at ronimo-games.com> wrote:
> I gave it a try, and that indeed fixes the problem! :) Since you mention
> this is "primarily useful for testing", is there any downside to turning
> this on, or can I freely do so without worrying it will break something
> else?

I was quoting the man page there, it's primarily useful for testing
because testing is an application where getting an identical file is
useful.

The only downside is that if you set all your files to the same serial
number you won't be able to create larger chained files concatenating
them. If you don't do this in your application then it's not an issue.
If you do, you'll want to give each file a unique serial number.