[Vorbis] "Warning: Unexpected EOF in reading WAV header"

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sat Jun 25 02:26:17 PDT 2011

Cicada Music wrote:

> I am having a persistent problem in converting just three files
> with OggDrop, the other ninety files converted fine.
> "Warning: Unexpected EOF in reading WAV header"
> I have tried resaving the files in my wave editor under a different
> filename with no improvement.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

More information needed. Is it possible to get a copy of
that file posted somewhere for us to get a look at?

If not, libsndfile:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/

ships with a program called sndfile-info which basically
dumps the file headers is a human readable form. POsting the
output of the program with your file may provide enought
information to debug this issue. There are windows binaries
available on that web site.

> I can think of no reason why these three files in particular
> should be any different from the other ninety that converted as
> they were all made in the same way with similar naming conventions.

Almost certainly this is a corrupt or malformed file.

Erik