[Vorbis] Hyphen in Vorbis Comment

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Jun 22 05:55:18 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM, gt <codered12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to tag some ogg vorbis files with hyphen "-" in the
> comment field. For e.g. album name = Example - EP.
>
> But this is being displayed as
> ALBUM=Example
> ALBUM=EP
>
> Is there no way we can have a hyphen in the comments section?

There is; the comments have no restriction on their contents.  You
haven't said what you're using to add the comments, but I'm going to
take a wild guess that you didn't manage to escape the comment
completely in the shell command line?

In any case, whatever is happening, the app is doing it intentionally,
probably because it thinks you're telling it to do so :-)

Monty