[Vorbis] ogg files play in Quicktime but not Itunes

Vito & Susan Marla at Vermontel.com
Tue Dec 6 08:30:49 PST 2011

Itunes 10.5.0.142
Quicktime player 7.6.2 (515)
Quicktime version 7.6.2 (1324)
Windows 7 64 bit

In quicktime I need to specify “all files” as opposed to '”audio files” for it list it in “open file” dialog otherwise it gives message “no files match your search”.
Then I can open and play it.
After installing XiphQT 0.1. the ogg files came up as “open with Itunes” association and when clicked upon without Itunes open, opened Itunes but did not play anything or add the file to its library as it normally would with a file associated with Itunes  i.e. aac, alac, etc.
I also tried rebooting the computer to no avail.
Is this an issue with the 64bit operating system?. I did notice the downloaded file header included “win32”.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vito Rasenas