[Vorbis] DirectShow Filters

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 01:58:17 PDT 2010

I did a quick search through Edcast forums and I've found:
http://www.oddsock.org/openbb/read.php?TID=897

"anyway, having said that, one technique which oddcast uses is to
physically stop and restart the vorbis stream on song changes.
This is due to the fact that vorbis comments can only appear at
the beginning of the stream, and so in order to change the song
title, mid stream, oddcast must stop, reset the vorbis headers/comments,
restart the bitstream. It does this on every song change. Clients that
support this type of vorbis stream ("chaining" I beleive it's called) should

handle this appropriately....does that clear it up at all ?"

Cheers,
Cristian.