[Vorbis] I think vorbis codec group have a new target

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 14:09:37 PDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 4:31 PM, David.Lin <david.lin619 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I compared quicktime aac and vorbis,i think quicktime aac is better than
> vorbis at 80Kbps.
> please tell me if i'm wrong.

How could we? You've provided absolutely no data nor information about
how you conducted the test.

I recommend you use a blind listening test tool such as
http://ff123.net/abchr/abchr.html and actually post the data. Make
sure your testing set includes the original uncompressed audio.

You may also find it useful to also test the latest aotuv development
version http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/test.html which is
believed to represent the best in the current development of vorbis,
and some AAC-LC encoder (if quicktime is not already AAC-LC), since
some devices are only AAC-LC compatible at least in combination with
video.