[Vorbis] C# Wrapper

charles charles at loneaspen.com
Thu Jun 3 18:22:02 PDT 2010

Hello vorbis,

	To anyone looking for a C# wrapper, I almost got one working in .Net C#.

	1.2.0 - OGG
	1.3.1 - Vorbis

	The whole marshalling data thing is a complete joke though, and it makes the whole process dead slow.  Unmanaged C++ is way better choice in my opinion.  I wanted C# because it makes the GUI part very easy to code, but nothing else is easy.

	Question though:

	In the software I am creating, the users can drag an MP3 file to box, then it gets decompressed and recompressed in ogg format, then streamed live to server and back to other listeners - then uncompressed (mutual DJ channel).  Any tips on determining how fast to pump the data to the server so it doesn't buffer up or underbuffer it?  The server is just a relay server, it sends one to all.

	It will also allow dropping OGG files to the window, for direct playing, but they will be decompressed then recompressed at proper bandwidth.

Best regards,

charles
charles at loneaspen.com
2010-06-03