[Vorbis] vorbis-tools release soon?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:57:17 PST 2010

On 1/4/10, Ray Kohler <ataraxia937 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since it's been almost 2 years since vorbis-tools 1.2.0 was released,
> would it be reasonable to see 1.3.0 soon? There are plenty of changes
> in there that deserve to see the light of day - the ReplayGain support
> in ogg123 and the vcut fixes in particular have my attention.

Tell me about it.  It's been one year since I put out an RC.  However,
shortly after, I had to get a second job, and, well...

I should be able to work on the new release after February.

Oh, and here's a full changelog of everything that changed between releases:
https://trac.xiph.org/browser/trunk/vorbis-tools/CHANGES

There were so many contributions from so many people...  I hope I can
gather all the names for a special thank you message.

Anyhow, only two things are missing from the final release if memory
serves me well:

* a big patch for vorbiscomment to add padding in Vorbis files
* fixing the gettextize stuff in oggdec since it's not working for some reason

Actually, if anybody here knows how to work with gettextize properly,
your input would be quite appreciated here.

-Ivo