[Vorbis] EasyTAG works best on local volumes?

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Mon Aug 23 17:38:45 PDT 2010

Geoff Shang wrote:
> Are you saying that your preferred editor doesn't see files mounted via
> Samba, or that you want to edit tags on a Samba share without mounting it?
>
> If it's the former then I don't understand wy this would be, excepting
> perhaps if there are some character set issues in the filenames.  If it's
> the latter, I don't relaly understand why you would want to do this.

I've had problems using EasyTAG on SSH mounts I established via GNOME's
"Connect to server..." dialog (ultimately a FUSE filesystem?).

I thought the filesystem would not be an issue as long as one had read
and write access; I guessed that EasyTAG would copy each file to be
modified to some local temp directory, make the appropriate
modifications, then copy the file back into place.  Perhaps attempts to
change the time/date stamp would fail but I could do with that.

I wrote about this in <48EA9DE3.5090900 at forestfield.org> on the EasyTAG
mailing list but I haven't seen any replies.  The post is in the archive
for the list at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=48EA9DE3.5090900%40forestfield.org&forum_name=easytag-mailing