[Vorbis] [libfishsound ] Using static libraries instead of DLLs

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 14:15:17 PDT 2009

Daniele Barzotti wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the correct list to post a question about
> libfishsound but I don't have found a specific one.
>
> I'm writing a library that use libfishsound for encode/decode speex and
> vorbis streams.
>
> I would like to incorporate all the functionalities into my static
> library without any dependencies on extern DLL.
>
> Is there a way to compile libfishsound using ogg, oggz, speex and vorbis
>  static libs instead of DLLs?
>
> Regards,
> Daniele.

Hi Daniele,

If you use Visual Studio 2005/8 there are static project files for ogg
and vorbis:

libvorbis-1.2.3.zip\libvorbis-1.2.3\win32\VS2005\vorbis_static.sln
libogg-1.1.4.zip\libogg-1.1.4\win32\VS2005\libogg_static.sln

libvorbis uses project property sheets to configure the libogg
dependency. More about project property sheets can be found here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a4xbdz1e%28VS.80%29.aspx

Cheers,
Cristian.