[Vorbis] Encoding multiple tiny audio files

andy andym00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 06:21:53 PDT 2009

The difference is most likely coming from the psychoacoustic model and
with it not having time to properly adapt to the signal within such
short periods of time.. At the start it's got to assume a fairly worst
case of silence having been playing before the sound, and so the
psychoacoustic model hasn't had time to adapt yet..

I'd be tempted to try a slightly lower quality setting, it's likely
that because the psychoacoustics aren't having time to adapt with such
short files that it's possibly over-encoding the audio files for a
given quality due to their short durations..

Or possibly windowing related due to the shortness of the files ?