[Vorbis] Vorbis libraries

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:26:01 PDT 2009

2009/3/25 Blake Rollins <blake.g.rollins at gmail.com>:
> Hello All,
> Please excuse the noob-ness of my question, but I am just starting out with
> Vorbis decoding/encoding. I downloaded all the necessary header files
> (codec.h, vorbisfile.h, vorbisenc.h, ogg.h); however I cannot find any
> pre-compiled static or dynamic libraries that I need, all I can find is the
> source code. Are there any precompiled libraries I can download, or do I
> have to compile them myself? (I have had issues in the past compiling
> downloaded source code). Thanks

What platform are you using?  On Linux/Unix building libogg and
libvorbis from source shouldn't be difficult (you'll need to do libogg
first), but most distros will provide -devel packages (e.g.
libogg-devel in Fedora) so you shouldn't need to do it anyway unless
you want to work with libraries from svn.

Windows development I'm not so sure, but the vorbis-tools download at
Xiph <http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/vorbis/vorbis-tools-win32-bin.7z>
contains dlls and you might want also want to look at
http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-libraries.php
I believe there are also visual studio project files included with the
source code and if you have difficulty building them you can always
ask here.

Hope this helps.

--
imalone