[Vorbis] smallest page of encoded data

Adam Langley alangley at winscribe.com
Sun Mar 15 18:43:10 PDT 2009

Thanks for the insight Carsten.
Basically, we're building a dictation system, with SPEEX at its core. Currently we have this working but the problem is, the SPEEX encoding process takes approximately 1 minute per MB of PCM audio, resulting in lengthy 'encode' jobs after a user has finished their dictation.
I am attempting to find a way around this, and my hope was that I could perform some type of incremental encode during the record process, yet still enable the user to trim/rearrange their dictation without requiring a complete re-encode.
And most users do edit the file to some degree...

Adam Langley
Senior Developer
Tel: +64 9 486 9010
alangley at winscribe.com